This Sunday it’s time for the first Park Acoustics of 2016!
10:00 – Gates open
11:00 – Maddy Behrens [ooh an interview!]
12:00 – Mind Pool [Wow – here’s an interview!]
13:00 – Josh Kempen [Read this interview for more info! Also check this RAD LIVE VIDEO!]
14:00 – Monark [They did this interview with thefuss.co.za]
15:00 – Matthew Mole [Here’s an older interview with him in case you’re the only person in the world who’s unfamiliar with him]
16:00 – DJ Michael Lesar
16:30 – 18:00: Sunset Comedy Stage
with Dusty Rich, Loyiso Madinga, & Lazola Gola
What you need to know:
- Tickets are R150 presale or at the gate. It’s up a few bucks from last year, but within reason.
- Only 2000 tickets are available, and Matthew Mole is playing so there’ll be people for days. Buy in advance to avoid disappointment.
- R15 entrance into the Voortrekker Monument grounds per vehicle.
- No under 18’s will be allowed (“except for small children accompanied by their parents”. Also free entry for kids under the age of 6.)
- The Cabin Fever dance floor is now only running every second month, starting in Feb.1
- BYOB, but this time it’s a glass-free event.
We ask that you rather bring cans of beers & ciders and decant your wine or spirits in plastic bottles. We’ve added 2 recycling points in the festival area and we’ll also be handing out refuse bags as you enter, please keep your picnic spot tidy & recycle your garbage.
I’d recommend buying tickets online before the event, as such a stellar lineup is likely to sell out.
PS. Whether you miss this event or not, you might also want to check out Josh Kempen’s next show at Trio in Greenside: The Courtyard Sessions!
Floris sometimes writes things when he’s not watching movies or playing video games or editing videos or folk-rock singing/songwriting.